Warranty period & scope
Whichever of the following periods is shorter:
- 18 months after shipment from IAI
- 12 months after delivery to a specified location
- 2,500 operational hours
Scope of the warranty
Our products are covered by warranty when all of the following conditions are met. Faulty products covered by warranty will be replaced or repaired free of charge.
You can find out which guarantee conditions apply and what the service includes hereafter.
Our products are covered by warranty when all of the following conditions are met. Faulty products covered by warranty will be replaced or repaired free of charge:
- The breakdown or malfunction in question pertains to our product as delivered by IAI or our authorized dealer
- The breakdown or malfunction in question occurred during the warranty period
- The breakdown or malfunction in question occurred while the product was in use for an appropriate purpose under the operating conditions and operating environment specified in the instruction manual and catalog
- The breakdown or malfunction in question was caused by a specification defect, malfunction, or poor product quality
Note that breakdowns due to any of the following reasons are excluded from the scope of warranty:
- Anything other than our product
- Modification or repair performed by a party other than IAI (unless approved by IAI)
- Anything that could not be easily predicted with the level of science and technology available at the time of shipment from IAI
- Natural disaster, unnatural disaster, incident or accident for which we are not liable
- Natural fading of paint or other symptoms of aging
- Wear, depletion or other expected results of use
- Operation noise, vibration or other subjective sensations not affecting function or maintenance
Note that the warranty only covers our product as delivered and that any secondary loss arising from a breakdown of our product is excluded from the scope of warranty.
Honoring the Warranty
As a rule, the product must be brought to us for repair under warranty.
We shall assume no liability for any special damage, consequential loss or passive loss such as a loss of expected profit arising from or in connection with our product. We shall not be liable for any program or control method created by the customer to operate our product or for the result of such program or control method.
Conformance with applicable standards/regulations, etc., and application conditions
If our product is combined with another product or any system, equipment, etc., used by the customer, the customer must first check the applicable standards,
regulations and/or rules. The customer is also responsible for confirming that such combination with our product conforms to the applicable standards, etc. In such a case we assume no liability for the conformance of our product with the applicable standards, etc.
(2) Our product is for general industrial use. It is not intended or designed for the applications specified below, which require a high level of safety. Accordingly, as a rule
our product cannot be used in these applications. Contact IAI if you must use our product for any of these applications:
- Medical equipment used to maintain, control or otherwise affect human life or physical health
- Mechanisms and machinery designed for the purpose of moving or transporting people (vehicles, railway facilities, aviation facilities etc.)
- Machinery components essential for safety (safety devices etc.)
- Equipment used to handle cultural assets, art or other irreplaceable items
Contact IAI in advance if our product is to be used in any condition or environment that differs from that specified in the catalog or instruction manual.
Other items excluded from warranty
The price of the product delivered to you does not include expenses associated with programming, the dispatch of engineers, etc. Accordingly, a separate fee will be charged in the following cases even during the warranty period:
- Guidance for mounting/adjustment and witnessing of test operation
- Maintenance and inspection
- Technical guidance and education on operating/wiring methods, etc.
- Technical guidance and education on programming and other items related to programs
EleCylinder: maintenance & repair
The maintenance and repair of EleCylinder is very easy. Below you will find the links to all instruction videos on Youtube, which show step by step what needs to be done.