Linear drives in confined spaces
RoboCylinder compact slide table types combine high load capacity with very good guiding accuracy. The compact design offers additional stability and enables use even in confined spaces.
Despite their small size, all compact slide table types have an integrated stepper or servo motor as well as an encoder. This makes them suitable for precise assembly, positioning or pushing applications, such as aligning a workpiece on an assembly line. Horizontal payloads of up to 30 kg and vertical loads of up to 24 kg are possible.
The linear recirculating ball bearing guide integrated into the compact slide absorbs moments in the "bending" and "torsion" directions. With the two guide blocks, the permissible dynamic moments in the directions "deflection" and "torsion" increase up to 4.3 times.
Compact slide table type actuators from IAI are often used to move workpieces to a specific position or perform precise measurements or machining on objects. The electric controller enables high accuracy and repeatability in the motion sequences.
- Clamping applications such as clamping a workpiece on both sides.
- Positioning tasks such as holding a workpiece with the face of the compact slide.
- Pushing workpieces to the side on a conveyor belt.
- Traversing vertical axis of a Cartesian system.
The latest RoboCylinder series are equipped with a battery-free, high-resolution absolute encoder as standard.
This means that no reference point has to be approached in the event of an emergency shutdown or operating error, and downtimes are reduced. With a battery-free absolute encoder, there is also no need for maintenance and replacement of the back-up battery, which is used for position storage.
Advantages of battery-free absolute encoders:
- No reference point travels are necessary.
- No external home sensor required.
- No workpieces have to be removed after an emergency stop.
- No battery change and therefore no battery disposal.